#BlogElul 24: End - You Are You



Each year I find myself feeling like the start of the high holy days is a deadline.  Rosh Hashanah is the self-imposed date by which I strive to complete many of my Back-to-School tasks so that I can welcome in the New Year calmly, thoughtfully and with joy.  However, as a result, the days leading up to Rosh Hashanah are often frenzied and stressful.  My mantra of late has been, “It will all get done,” and I know that it will.   

Thankfully, no matter how much I have left to do, Shabbat arrives, bringing with it the opportunity to relax, reflect and re-energize as we end our week and prepare for the new week ahead.


So today, a thought to consider as you enjoy the gift of Shabbat:

“Accept everything about yourself – I mean everything.  You are you and that is the beginning and the end – no apologies, no regrets.” ~ Henry Kissinger
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...