#BlogElul 8: Believe – I Believe in Inclusion



I believe in inclusion. 

I believe that inclusion is possible in every congregation, in every religious school, in every day school, in every Jewish organization.

I believe that we can work together to ensure that every child, every adult, has the opportunity to learn Torah.

I believe that it is the responsibility of every educator, every teacher, every school leader to learn the strategies necessary to make inclusive education possible.

I believe in inclusion. 

I believe that all Jews have a right to live a meaningful Jewish life and that no one can determine what meaningful is for anyone else.

I believe that each of us is created b’tzelem elohim (in the image of God).

I believe that every person has a gift to offer to society.

I believe that it is incumbent upon us as families, as congregations, as a society, as human beings to help each person with and without disabilities bring his/her gift forward.

I believe these words from Pirkei Avot – As Rabbi Tarfon taught: "It is not your responsibility to finish the work [of perfecting the world], but you are not free to desist from it either" (2:16).

I believe in inclusion.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...