Finding Joy - One Word 365



Joy - One Word 365; Removing the Stumbling Block

As a blogger, sometimes I need a little inspiration. It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say, but there are times when it feels as though I have already said it, multiple times, in post after post. I guess that’s what they call writer’s block.

So, a couple of years ago, in searching for some inspiration, I stumbled across a project. The concept is pretty simple: Rather than making a long list of New Year’s Resolutions, you choose one word as your focus for the year. This concept feels far more real to me than resolutions. Quite frankly, I think most resolutions become wishful thinking pretty quickly.

#ONEWORD365

There are many different ways to bring this project to life, but for most it is a way to sharpen their focus, attend to what really matters and bring a new level of intention to their writing and to their lives.

I let my choice for 2015 be guided by my commitment to inclusion. (My word for 2015 was intention.) I think I could have just as easily chosen the word reflection. I spent much time over the past year thinking deeply about my own personal practice of inclusion and seeking ways to merge that which permeates my professional life with my personal life. I feel proud of what I have accomplished.

Now, looking ahead to 2016, what jumps out at me is to focus on joy. I want to bring it into my life and my work with greater intention (I’m not leaving 2015 behind so quickly). I want to find the joy in the every day and I want to truly savor those joyous moments.

My “one word” for 2016 is JOY. What’s yours?


Don't miss a post from Removing the Stumbling Block:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Do not publish, curate, sell, post, or distribute all or any part of this blog's content without express permission of the author. You are invited, however, to share links to posts on your webpage, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social networking sites. If you are interested in republishing any Removing the Stumbling Block content on your own blog, in a newsletter, or if you wish to use any content in another educational way, please contact me. I am also available to write unique content for your specific network.