Celebrating One Year of Blogging!



Today I celebrate one year of blogging about the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in Jewish life.  What a wonderful, enriching and unexpected journey it has been.

This past year I’ve learned a lot about myself as a writer, an advocate and as an Educator. I have grown in my personal commitment to serving ALL students and have met some amazing people who are equally as committed to the value of inclusion as I am along the way.

I hope that I have helped to raise awareness of the need for more inclusive synagogues and Jewish organizations. I hope that I have inspired others to think more deeply and take action to bring change to their organizations. 

Looking ahead, there are exciting things on the horizon. I am honored that my writing has been recognized nationally and has led to new opportunities as a speaker and consultant.  I look forward to more such possibilities and appreciate all of the support and encouragement to pursue this aspect of my career. Please be in touch if you wish to have me present at an upcoming conference, lead professional development workshops in your school or speak to the leadership of your organization about how to grow your inclusive practice.

Jewish Disability Awareness Month (JDAM) is just around the corner. February is a nationally recognized opportunity to engage in conversations that can move us from raising awareness to fully including individuals with disabilities in our Jewish communities.

I am committing to blog daily during the month of February and invite you to join me. Similar to the BlogElul effort, which was designed as a way to mobilize the use of social media as a tool or reflection and inspiration, I will use #JDAMblogs to bring greater attention to both JDAM and discussions of Jewish inclusion.  Even if you can’t commit to writing daily, I hope you will join me. And you don't even have to be Jewish!

In addition, I will be hosting a LIVE Twitter chat to discuss “Hope Will Find You” by Rabbi Naomi Levy.  This is the JDAM Reads! selection for 2014. Read the book and join me on Thursday, February 13 at 9pm EST with #JDAMreads14.

There are many other national and local opportunities being planned for JDAM. Please join Jewish Special Needs Education: Removing the Stumbling Block and “like” Jewish Disability Awareness Month on Facebook to learn and share.

Thank you all for reading, encouraging, commenting and sharing. Here’s to year number two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...